Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thinking

You know, I have a lot of time to think on a daily basis. My mind is constantly going...thinking...This used to be a bad thing for me.  I would work my mind around every scenario for every situation in my life, and it always used to end up in the worst possible case.  Then, as I began to learn what the Word says that God wants/has for me, I began to work to fill my mind with those thoughts...Good thoughts...God's thoughts.  You know, God is the giver of all things good (James 1:17); and the Word says that I am victorious/triumphant in all situations (2 Corinthians 2:14 & 1 Corinthians 15:57). WOW! Think on THAT for a while! There are SO many more scriptures in the Bible that tell us about what good things God has for us & wants for us.

Just as you choose to "turn over a new leaf" when you decide to change something in your life, a bad habit maybe, you choose to renew your way of thinking with the Word.  You see, it's like this, either the whole Word of God is true & applies to our personal, everyday lives or it doesn't.  It's that simple.  You choose to believe it & apply it or not.  You could complicate things by researching every Tom, Dick & Harry's personal interpretation of what the Word says, or you can read the Word & get it for yourself.  I have chosen the latter. SO, with all of that said, my eyes have been opened to a new way of thinking...Much more than just "positive" thinking...It's truth thinking.  "Well, what in the WORLD does this have to do with a "Journey to Maddox," you might ask...I will tell you ;) !  This journey is just a result of my deciding to take what the Word says about what God wants for "us" (as humanity) as truth...If Scotty & I didn't believe what the Word says, we would have stopped in fear at the very beginning of this journey.  We would have said, "but" "but" "but"...It's too expensive! We already have 5 kids, for crying out loud! It's too expensive............It's TOO EXPENSIVE!!! Instead, we swallowed hard, and said, "Lord, is there ANYTHING too difficult for you?!" (Luke 1:37) If God has called us to do this (James 1:27), then He will provide (2 Corinthians 9:8 & Philippians 4:19).  If we believe Jeremiah 29:11, then we can be confident knowing that He has our best interest in mind....And not just our best interest, but the best interest of the little one waiting in China for a family...HIS best interest is dependent upon our belief that God's Word is true...That GOOD things will come from our obedience...You know, "perfect love casts out fear," (1 John 4:18) and if the "love of God is shed abroad in our hearts," (Romans 5:5), I would dare say that we have "perfect love" in our hearts....THEREFORE, we should have NO fear...Especially when it comes to doing what God has called you to do....SO...We take the steps that we are taking...this "journey," with FULL confidence...With NO fear...Knowing that SO much good will come from this...The God kind of good...A victory is impending here...And in the end of this journey; a little one will have the full victory in her life...All because we chose to believe the Word of God is ABSOLUTELY, from beginning to end, true.

0 comments: