I have found myself reading, on a daily basis, many...MANY blogs by several of the wonderful people I have come across in the online adoption groups that I am a part of. My kids & my husband laugh at me because they KNOW that when I am online staring at the computer screen for any length of time, I am reading blogs, watching videos & looking at pictures of people who have adopted from Ch*na. Why do I do this? At first, I think, the motivation was to learn...Maybe some curiosity was mixed in there. But now...Now I find comfort in reading these blogs & watching the videos. Why? I wasn't exactly sure at first, but now I know...It's because I see everyday people, people just like me...Families just like ours who had a tug on their hearts by God to "do unto the least of these," with their little ones from Ch*na. They really DID go to Ch*na...They really DID get the little one/s whose picture they had looked @ for months & months! They really DID bring them home! It's real, & it has happened hundreds of times to people just like us. Sometimes I feel as though this whole thing is not real...Like, someone is going to tell me, "Sorry, this is just not going to happen." Then I am occasionally shaken to the reality of it when there is movement in the process. Then, there is waiting AGAIN, and I go to the blogs...They gently remind me that there is an end to this; and at the end is a beautiful child who is no longer family-less. A life that is full & rewarding & happy. I appreciate these blogs...I appreciate that these families have taken the time to share their journey with those around them. I am encouraged by them. I hope & pray that one day someone will read this blog and be encouraged...That they will see that we are just everyday people who answered the call that God placed on our hearts; & that He brought us through the process. I will try to remember how encouraging it was to read about movement in the process & to read posts & see pictures from the trip to Ch*na. I will try to remember about how encouraging it was to read about everyday life after returning home with the little one, and be diligent in posting to THIS blog...THANK YOU to those who have shared their journeys to their little ones from Ch*na and thereafter...It has helped me tremendously as I'm sure it has others who have been waiting....and waiting...and waiting...God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment