Tuesday, February 07, 2012

And Now...

There it is....Our dossier...The stack of papers that we have been working on since late July of 2011....The stack of papers that is SO very...very...VERY precious...It equals us getting our little boy.  We (myself & our family coordinator @ our adoption agency) have gone over the details meticulously all these months.  To be perfectly honest, I had all but two (yes 2) documents ready to go by early September...We WAITED till December 3rd to receive our finished home study and then received our I800-A approval in the mail on January 30th.  To think that we could have been finished in September...Well, let me not go there.  God's perfect timing, right.  I'm just happy to be at this place in the process....FINALLY!

Monday morning I drove to FedEx and mailed off our I800-A approval (now known as the I797) and I was shaking like a leaf while packaging everything up and writing the addresses on the packaging slips.  I think my body was in shock that this was REALLY happening!  Off it was going!  The next stop, The Ch*nese Consulate in Houston; from there--STRAIGHT TO MY ADOPTION AGENCY to join the rest of the dossier, which I sent off THIS MORNING!  YES! I drove, AGAIN, this morning to FedEx with this HUGE stack of papers.  This unbelievably precious bundle of papers was soon going to be entrusted to the hands of strangers to deliver (on time) to our adoption agency.  I, once again, was shaking.


I packaged the dossier documents, brought the package to the counter and....that was that...Tomorrow morning our adoption agency will receive the precious package and Friday morning our dossier will be sent off to Ch*na...AT LAST!!! We will be DTC (dossier to Ch*na)! Three letters that bring joy to the hearts of parents adopting from Ch*na.

NOW what will I do as I wait.....Well, I've got a birthday party, a trip to Branson, a major fundraiser event to plan, high school graduation stuff to plan, and a 4 year old to keep up with!  Maybe....just maybe, I'll have time to do the "normal" everyday stuff, too...like clean the house ;)

0 comments: