Saturday, February 04, 2012
A Word from Maddox’s Dad
As I was in prayer today, I was
meditating on one of the scriptures that God has shown us we are to stand on
regarding His will for this adoption. In Matthew 25:31-46, Jesus is telling of
an event that will literally take place one day for each and every individual
that ever lived, when everyone will receive their judgment from the Lord. As I
read verse 35 I realized everyone that has given as much as $1, that helped us
in any way during any fund raisers, that gave us encouragement, that partnered
with us at anytime during this adoption process, will one day hear with Brooke
and I the blessed words from God, “Come, you blessed of my Father (vs. 34).” You
see, verse 35 explains that the righteous, the blessed, give food to the hungry, give drink to the
thirsty, “take in” the stranger, clothe the naked, visit the sick and minister
care to them (amp), and visit the prisoner. As I was meditating on this verse,
the Lord showed me that everyone that has helped us take this little boy “in”,
everyone who gives to bring our little Maddox home, everyone that partners with
us will receive the same blessing from the Lord as if they have flown to Ch*na
themselves to rescue this little life. It is just as if they have also adopted
an orphan from a hopeless, impoverished life. To partner with a cause explicitly
laid out in scriptures as the very heart of God is equivalent in God’s eyes as
if you had taken this little child in yourself.
Matthew 18:5 says, “Whoever receives
and accepts and welcomes one little child like this for My sake, and in My
name, receives, accepts and welcomes me”. To give to a little orphan that you’ve
never met, a little life that is thousands of miles away who you don’t even
know is to walk out Matthew 25:40, “inasmuch as you did it to one of the least
of these My brethren, you did it to Me”.
Brooke and I pray for you, rejoice
over you and are so excited for those who have connected to this God purpose,
this mission. God promises you blessings and God is not a man that He should
lie. You can expect it and have confidence with your whole heart that you are
rewarded with the righteous.
Posted by
nisabrooke
at
1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment