Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beijing Day 1

Well!  What...A...Day!!!  Busy is an understatement!

First, we went to Tiananmen Square, then the Forbidden City...Beautiful; but VERY crowded and HOT!

Then, we ate a delicious traditional Chinese lunch.

After that we went to the Pearl Market, then the Summer Palace.

Next stop, the Silk Museum...

Then the Olympic City...

FINALLY, we had a Peking Duck dinner...

I occasionally have this realization that I'm on the other side of the world...IN CHINA!  And I only have to wait one...more...day until we get our little Maddox!

I can't wait till I'm posting pics and video of him...I know y'all can't wait either!!!

 At Tiananmen Square

 Again at Tiananmen Square

 Inside the Forbidden City

 Beautiful!

 The men talking

 The Emperor's Bedroom

 Just opened this oyster and you can see all of the little pearls inside.

 At the Summer Palace

 Again at the Summer Palace

 Stretching silk to make a comforter

 Some cool buildings made for the 2008 Olympics...First building is the "head" of the dragon; and the following 3 buildings form the body

The Peking Duck Dinner




2 comments:

Beth said...

Love all of your pictures!!! :) CAN.NOT.WAIT to see your gotcha!!!! Eeeeekkkkk!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.