Sunday, July 01, 2012

Beijing Day 2

While this day wasn't quite as jam-packed, it still kicked...our...butts!  With everything we've done in the last 2 days, we feel like we've been here a week already, lol!

Today we went to a church service (which was awesome!), the jade factory, the Great Wall, and the acrobatic show...Whew!

The Great Wall officially did it for us physically! While it was AMAZING and impressive; we (meaning Scotty and I and the other couple in our group) were physically and mentally exhausted after we climbed our little part of the Great Wall. I think the heat and lack of sleep had a lot to do with it.

Good day, don't get me wrong...We're just pooped!

Ok!  Tomorrow is GOTCHA DAY!!!  We have to LEAVE our hotel at 5:30 in the morning to go to the airport...Yeah...LEAVE the hotel at 5:30...Not wake up at 5:30...Leave at 5:30...Ummm, ok...that's early...

Anyway, our flight leaves @ 8:30 from Beijing and is about 3 hours to Kunming.  Once we land, we drive 35 minutes to our hotel.  We'll supposedly have some time at the hotel before we go to the Civil Affairs Office to get our little Maddox, and I'm sure at that point I'll be a nervous wreck!

This is the LAST night that Maddox will ever sleep in his orphanage!  Mommy and Daddy are coming to get you!

Please pray for him...Pray for peace to guard his heart and mind.  Pray that he will not be completely freaked out by the 4 hour car ride to the Civil Affairs Office.  Pray that he would not get car sick.  Pray that he would feel the love of God through us and would not be afraid of us.  Please pray for a wonderful handoff for him, as well.

Please pray for me and Scotty.  Pray that we have wisdom and will know exactly what to do when we're supposed to do it.  I'm not gonna lie...I'm nervous...A million things are going through my mind, so prayers for peace would be greatly appreciated.

Below are a few pictures of the Jade Factory and the Great Wall...Tomorrow will be pictures of us and Maddox!!!

Scotty and I are going to bed...Till tomorrow :D














1 comments:

lauri duhon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.