Friday, July 13, 2012

Update: WE MADE IT!!!

Ok, so I think the last time I posted was on the 7th...I had MAJOR troubles with the internet at our hotel in GZ.  Although the hotel itself was AMAZING, blogging or getting on Facebook was a major ordeal and sometimes just didn't happen.

I ran into Angela Livesay, Jennifer Webster & her husband, Emily Adcox, and Lynette Fitzpatrick at the China Hotel where we were staying.  SO awesome to meet them and their little ones!  Those kids are some cutie patooties! ;)  I think I saw some other familiar faces, but they didn't seem to recognize me so I didn't approach for fear of them thinking I was some sort of weirdo...

I also was able to hang out with Rabecca and Joel Wachter and their beautiful daughters.

For those of you who don't know who I'm talking about, these people are friends of mine who are in a group that I'm in on Facebook...We all had our dossiers (paperwork) sent off to Ch*na this winter, and ended up there at the same time getting our little ones. We have supported each other, prayed for each other, encouraged each other, and have sometimes been an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on during this very difficult adoption process.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without this group and am so thankful for each and every one of them...(There are a lot more of my friends in the group that were not there at the same time we were and I SO wish I could have been able to hang out with them, too)

Any-who...

We had our Consulate Appointment on the 9th and it was interesting but pretty standard.  There were 4 other families there with us (including Joel and Rabecca) and it was cool to watch our children play together.  I have to say, you can never TRULY appreciate the value of having a conversation with another American family until you spend 2 weeks in a country where no one can understand you, nor you them...With that said, it was nice to have a little while to visit with these families while we each waited our turn to do our paperwork.

Tuesday morning, I woke up with a nice case of the throw-ups...TMI, I'm sure, but I was SICK!  I threw up several times and just felt like...well...like crap!  Thank goodness I didn't have anywhere to go or any appointments that day...I tried to rest, but of course, just because, Maddox was restless and didn't take a good nap.

Later that day, we checked out, got Maddox's Visa and Hague Adoption Certificate, and took a van to Hong Kong.  The ride was uneventful and actually relaxing.

The next morning we flew out of Hong Kong to Tokyo...Then scrambled off of that flight to get on run to the next flight (12 1/2 hours) to Newark, New Jersey.  I want to pause here to say that Maddox was very well behaved on the flights (no tantrums or freak outs or screaming or crying fits). He slept on the long flight for 6 hours (thank you Benadryl) and then when he was awake was well behaved...wow!!!

When we landed in Newark, NJ, Maddox became an American Citizen!!! YAAYYY!!!

We had a 3 hour layover and it was nice to just chill out for a while.  We left Newark at 9:00 pm and arrived in New Orleans at 11:30 pm.  I had slept a total of 1 hour and (by the time we arrived home) had been traveling for a total of 30 hours...I..was..exhausted...But OH, SO, HAPPY to see my kiddos!!! We had some very good friends there to greet us and I just started crying for joy to see my kids.  I was SO happy to finally be "home".

We ended up staying awake until 4:00 in the morning, and I slept until 10:00...And here I am...awake...still...

Today was amazing!  Maddox fits in so perfectly!  Watching him run around HIS house is such a blessing!  He's finally home with his family...The kids love him and he loves them!

I just look at him and am still in shock that he's really here! All of the prayers...all of the support...brought him here!  We took a step of faith, and here he is! Maddox James Richard DOES really exist, lol! And he lives in Louisiana with his Mommy and Daddy and 4 sisters and 1 brother!!! Praise God!!

Our trip to China reminded me of labor and delivery; when you're in the midst of it, you say, "NEVER AGAIN!" LOL!

It wasn't ALL bad...It was just difficult at times and it was far from home...Which made it uncomfortable.  But for Maddox, I'd do it a million times over and over!  It's a sacrifice, but one we willingly made and (like I just said) would make again.  I will tell you this, who ever thinks that adoption is the easy way has never adopted.  It may not be physically painful, but it is emotionally and mentally draining...It can be gut wrenching and heart breaking...

And then it happens...And all of the "pain" of waiting begins to fade as you sit in your living room and love on your precious one...

Well, I will say this; I pray that people see Maddox and their hearts are opened to adoption.  That they would see that it's not just something that you have to turn to because you can't have biological children; you can have biological children AND adopt!  It's a gift...It's the heart of God...It's allowing yourself to be blessed by a most precious child that so desires to be loved and hugged and kissed and tickled.  I have tears in my eyes thinking about how Maddox loves to play...he loves to laugh...I cringe to think if we had not stepped out in faith...in obedience, where he would be.  He fits in perfectly with us and he belongs here, and I can't imagine life without him...None of us can...









0 comments: