Sorry I haven't posted in a few days; it's been pretty hectic.
We flew into Guangzhou yesterday, and the flight was supposed to be 1 hour and 45 minutes...Well...They boarded us and made us sit on the plane, on the runway, for 2 hours...Why? Can someone PLEASE explain this?...Anyway, we sat on the runway for 2 hours then FINALLY took off. When we arrived in Guangzhou, we circled the airport (in the air) for an hour; so what was supposed to only take 2 hours, took 5...Another great thing was that we never received an explanation for why, bc all of the announcements were made in Chinese...
Maddox did very well. He slept for the 2 hours that we were on the runway and woke up about 45 minutes after we were in the air. He whined and fussed a little, but nothing unbearable. Thank. you. Jesus!
We're praying about the 16 hour flight home! YIKES!!!
Our hotel is GORGEOUS and Guangzhou is beautiful! YAY! I don't know if I said anything about our other hotel, but our room's air conditioner was basically just blowing moist luke-warm air...They brought us a portable ac unit and it did the same thing. We bought a portable fan at Walmart (that was an amazing adventure in itself) and that helped, but it was on a timer, so we had to reset it every 60 minutes; so we would wake up every hour when the fan would turn off and go reset it. We were drenched with sweat every morning...All part of the adventure...Weird part is, is that Kunming's weather was actually pretty cool outside...It felt amazing outside, but horrible in our room. So as I sit typing this in our room in Guangzhou, I.am.freezing! lol! And we LOVE it!
Maddox had his medical exam today; he did NOT like it...AT all! Poor baby...I don't think many (if any) of the kids liked it.
I met up with some of my DTC Winter friends at the medical exam! It was SO nice to see them and their beautiful children in person! Hopefully we can meet up again where we can actually hang out and talk a bit.
Tomorrow we go to sight seeing and shopping and then Monday is our Consulate appointment! YAY!!! Only 3 more days!!!! Then we'll be on our way home!!!
I miss my other babies SOOOO much! I can't wait to see their faces and hug their necks!! I can't wait to be home!!
Saturday, July 07, 2012
Next
In China, there are 56 ethnic groups. Our Maddox is from one that is a minority; the Bai people. We visited the Minority Museum in Kunming where we were able to buy this 120 year old collar made by the Bai people!
LOOK!! The heads are still attached!
Posted by
nisabrooke
at
3:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment